Monday, December 21, 2015

Wise Men...

Hello all my crafty friends, Brenda here from Friends Craftin' with Friends and it is my turn to post here at Cardz TV Gallery. It's been a rough few months with Christmas not being much easier since the loss of my sweet husband, but with all the grands I will get through it.  I have to say though, it will be painful all the same and by far the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

I'm really not on top of my game yet, so I will apologize ahead of time. My card for today is a traditional one, one that shows us what the Christmas season is really all about. I stamped my wise men and the city of Bethlehem in black ink and then embossed it in clear embossing ink. That way I could sponge my night sky without messing up my stamping. And no, your eyes aren't crooked...I stamped my stamp crooked. Told you I wasn't on my game. Anyway I proceeded to sponge my skyline with distress inks. I then dribble water on to the distress inks for the "starry sky". Cut out my scene and layered it onto my card base. I did the same thing on the inside as I did on the outside. Mary's sentiments were perfect for this image. Her stamp sets always have the perfect sentiment on them. You can buy this stamp set here as well as many other fabulous Cardz TV stamps sets!  

I want to to wish everyone a joyous Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year!



Recipe:
sentiment stamps: Cardz TV stamps Glad Tidings
Wise Men stamp set: SU Come to Bethlehem
My Creative Time: More Stitched Rectangle dies
distress ink colors: Broken China, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, and Chipped Sapphire
ink: Versafine Black Onyx
embossing powder: Ranger clear
paper: Neenah Bright White and SU Heavy weight whisper white

4 comments:

  1. I totally understand where you are coming from! My beloved husband passed away 1 year and 7 months ago and it still seems like yesterday! I also have a lot of family so am hoping I can enjoy them and Christmas and go on form there. I have tried to keep busy this season making a lot iof Christmas cards n keeping busy in general. It hasreally helped. I will keep you in my prayers and hope that you will keep doing your beautiful work. It's an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh J. Siemsen, I'm so sorry for your loss as well. So the pain of losing my husband won't go away, it will just get a little better then? It has only 2 months but feels like just yesterday too. I agree in that it helps to keep busy and I do plan on getting back into full crafting come the new year. Well, that is the plan anyway. Thanks so much for your comment and prayers. I will keep you in my prayers too!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting the Cardz TV Gallery!